McKay Auto Parts was established in Staunton, Illinois in 1937. As of 1998, the Company had grown to 13 company-owned stores with a distribution center and offices in Litchfield, Illinois. The company specializes in wholesale automotive supplies and parts and retail automotive parts. Jim McKay, along with the management group of McKay Auto Parts, Inc. was represented by R.L. Hulett & Company in the acquisition of McKay Auto Parts, Inc.
R.L. Hulett & Company was contacted for assistance in purchasing McKay Auto Parts, Inc. R.L. Hulett & Company assisted in negotiating the deal, assisted in arranging for the financing of the transaction, prepared an offering memorandum, drafted the letter of intent, directed due diligence, reviewed the contracts and assisted in the closing.