Food and Beverage M&A Update
- The Food & Beverage industry index rose 8.8% YTD but was outperformed by the S&P 500 index, which increased 16.4% in the same period.
- M&A deal volume was down 4% to 189 completed transactions in Q3 2021 from 197 deals in Q2.
- Strategic buyers accounted for 57.9% of deal volume in 2021 vs PE investors with 42.1%.
- North America was the most active region in Q3 followed by Europe.
- Stock prices and valuation multiples have trended lower in Q3 2021 from Q2 levels.