Industrials M&A Update
- Deal volume in the Industrials sector increased 2.7% in Q3 to 502 transactions from 489 in Q2 2022 and 16.2% from 432 deals in Q3 of the prior year.
- Private Equity’s share of M&A deal volume in the sector continued its upward trend from prior years, reaching 46.5% of total volume YTD through Q3 2022, up from 46.3% in 2021, vs. Strategic Buyer’s share of 53.5%.
- The Industrials industry index declined 6.0% in Q3 2022, compared to the S&P 500 index which declined 6.4% over the same period.
- Total capital invested increased 111.9% in Q3 2022 to $28.4B from $13.4B in Q2 and 11.4% from $25.5B in the same period of the prior year.
- Parker Hannifin’s (NYS: PH) $7.4B acquisition of European aerospace components manufacturer Meggitt (PINX: MEGGF), in September 2022, represented the largest completed transaction during the quarter.