Industrials M&A Update
- Deal volume in the Industrials sector decreased 1.0% in Q4 to 497 transactions from 502 in Q3 and 2.5% from 510 deals in Q4 of the
prior year. But for the year, deal volume was up 12.5% from 1,733 in 2021 to 1,949 in 2022.
- Private Equity’s share of M&A deal volume in the sector retreated from its upward trend in prior years to represent 45.7% of overall deal volume in 2022 as compared to 46.3% in 2021.
- The Industrials industry index increased 15.2% in Q4 2022 and significantly outperformed the S&P 500 index which increased 4.4% during the quarter.
- Total capital invested decreased 63.0% in Q4 2022 to $10.5B from $28.4B in Q3 and 57.8% from $24.9B in the same period of the prior year.
- Trelleborg Group’s $950 million of U.S. custom-molded rubber and thermoplastic component manufacturer, Minnesota Rubber & Plastics, represented the largest completed transaction during the quarter.