Packaging M&A Update
- The Dow Jones U.S. Containers & Packaging Index rose 8.3% YTD but underperformed the Dow Jones Industrial Average Index, which increased 12.0% in the same period.
- M&A deal volume was up to 58 completed transactions in Q3 2021 from 29 deals in the same period of the prior year.
- Through Q3 2021, PE accounted for 57.7% of 189 total deals in the Packaging sector.
- Europe was the most active region in Q3 2021 followed by North America.
- Stock prices and valuation multiples trended sideways in Q3 2021 from prior year levels.