Packaging M&A Update
- The Dow Jones U.S. Containers & Packaging Index declined 17.3% in Q3 2022 and underperformed the Dow Jones Industrial Average Index, which decreased 7.6% for the quarter.
- M&A deal volume increased in Q3 2022 to 74 completed transactions from 65 in Q2 2022 and from 58 in Q3 in Fiscal 2021.
- Through Q3 of 2022, PE accounted for 43.2% of total deals in the Packaging sector compared to 60.1% in Fiscal 2021.
- Europe was the most active region in Q3 2022 with 39 deals. Most notably was the $1.5 billion acquisition of DSM Dyneema by Avient in
- Publicly traded stocks monitored in this report in the Packaging sector declined an average of 14.4% throughout Q3 and total capital invested dropped 39.1% compared to Q3 of the prior year.