Plastics M&A Update
- The Plastics Material and Resins Manufacturing Index increased 1.4% in Q2 2022 and outperformed the S&P 500, which decreased 16.7% for the quarter.
- M&A deal volume decreased significantly in Q2 2022 to 122 completed transactions from 150 in Q1 2022 and from 147 in Q2 of the prior year.
- In 1H 2022, PE buyers accounted for 45.6% of total deal volume in the Plastics sector, down from 54.4% in the prior year.
- Europe was the most active region in Q2 2022 with 58 deals. Most notably was the $114 million acquisition of Carton Pack by A&M Capital in May 2022.
- Publicly traded stocks in the Plastics sector trended slightly lower in Q2 2022 and total capital invested dropped 30.2% compared to Q2 of the prior year.