Software M&A Update
- M&A deal volume in the Software sector continued its upward momentum to 1,197 deals in Q3 2021 from 1,150 in Q2 and 688 in the prior year.
- Total capital invested in M&A transactions in Q3 increased 22% to $94.4B from $77.4B in Q2, and 151% from $37.6B in in the same period of the prior year.
- Through Q3 2021, PE investors contributed 32.2% of total capital invested compared to 67.8% for strategic buyers.
- North America was the most active region in Q3 2021 followed by Europe.
- Valuation multiples and stock prices trended sideways in Q3 2021 from Q2 levels.