Transportation and Logistics M&A Update
- The Transportation & Logistics (“T&L”) industry index rose 25.2% YTD and outperformed the S&P 500 index, which increased 16.4% in the same period.
- Total capital invested in M&A transactions increased 33% in Q3 2021 to $22.8B from $17.2B in Q2, and 135% from $9.7B in the same period of the prior year.
- YTD Q3 2021, PE investors have contributed 60.0% of total capital invested compared to 40.0% for strategic buyers in the T&L sector.
- North America was the most active region in Q3 2021 followed by Europe.
- Stock prices edged higher while valuation multiples trended lower in Q3 2021 from Q2 levels.