Plastics M&A Update
- Stock prices of the Plastics and Specialty Materials public companies monitored in this report rose by an average of 12.9% in Q1 2023 and outperformed the S&P 500, which increased 7.5% in the quarter.
- M&A deal volume in the Plastics sector decreased 33.0% in Q1 2023 to 75 completed transactions from 112 in Q4 2022 and 50.0% from 150 deals in the same period of the prior year.
- Total capital invested in M&A deals in the Plastics sector decreased 94.9% in Q1 2023 to $1.0B from $19.8B in Q4 2022.
- In Q1 2023, PE Buyers accounted for 44.0% of total deals in the Plastics sector compared to 48.8% in the prior year.
- Europe was the most active region in Q1 2023 with 34 deals. Most notably in Europe was the $21.6 million acquisition of Iber-Oleff by CIE Automotive in February 2023.